Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wedding Direction Sign

Hey ladies (or gentlemen, if that's how you roll)!  Wedding planning is moving on full steam ahead.  A little more than five months away, holy cow!  Time to get cracking.  Today's project is a sign that will be placed out on the street corner of our venue to lead guests in the right direction.  This is always important if your location is a little hard to find.  Make sure your guests know exactly where to go so they don't get lost (and hopefully show up on time!).

This was a pretty easy project, so here are the steps:


These are some random supplies, but everything was cheap!  I bought a pack of ready made signs from an office supply store, and to cover it a plastic tablecloth from a party supply store.  I had been looking around desperately for pastel yellow wrapping paper to no avail, so decided to use the tablecloth instead.  This one is a little darker than my chosen color, but it will stand out more and be easier to read from far away.

I covered the plastic sign with the tablecloth.

Then I cut out letters from cute scrapbooking paper.

I attached the letters with a glue stick, and voila!  Signage!


Easy peasy.  I think for the sign for the other side of the street will be pink with yellow letters.  There will also be a sign directing guests to the correct parking area.  Hope you like it!

Here's what I am working on next, flags for the guests to wave after the ceremony.  There will be a cute message on one side and the wedding program on the other.  Directions will be coming once I figure out the best way to put these puppies together!  In the meantime, here's a sneak peek:


Have a great week all and I will see you soon!

1 comment: