Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cute Letters for B and G's Chairs

Hey readers!  Life is crazy when you are planning a wedding!  Since Matt and I knew we wanted a specific date for our wedding (July 24th), we had to get started with plans right away.  We went and checked out two different venues, and I think we found our location!  Once we have it all settled, I will post some pics.  Our next big hurdle is taking care of food and rentals.  It seems like once those details are taken care of, planning is going to be a lot more fun.  Now, on to the crafts!

I, along with many of you I'm sure, spend a great deal of time checking out all of the latest wedding websites.  I love reading other people's blogs and I really love seeing pictures from other couples' weddings.  One thing I have seen done many times in many ways is decorations for the bride and groom's chairs.  Some use Mr. and Mrs. signs, some have monograms, some use the B and G letters.   I decided I wanted my own version of B and G letters for the back of our chairs at the reception.  Here is my take:





I bought all of these supplies at Michaels for about $10.  Super easy and cheap.




The first step was to give the letters a white base coat.  They are on a magazine so that they don't stick to the tablecloth I have down.  It took a couple of coats for the letters to be pure white, and I let each coat sit for a couple hours to make sure it was completely dry.




I took the pink paint and outlined the letters.  Once I was finished with the pink, I went back with the white to touch up any mishaps.  I decided to not use the orange paint after all, so I put that aside to use for another project.

We don't know what type of chairs we will be having at our reception, so I didn't attach any ribbon yet.  But hanging the letters should be super easy, loop through some pretty ribbon and tie them onto the chairs.  Voila!  A great way to distinguish the seats for the bride and groom.

Many, many more wedding plans and projects to come!  Stay tuned!

1 comment: