|Please excuse my un-pedicured and totally swollen (it was 100 degrees!) feet!|
1. Gather your supplies: Mod Podge, glitter, flip flops (I used the Old Navy cheapies), painter's tape, a sponge brush, super strong glue (should use super glue for best results) and two mini felt flowers (click here if you want a tutorial on how to make those).
2. Wrap painter's tape around the edges on the flip flop straps to prevent stray glue/glitter from getting all over the place.
3. These steps are kind of hard to see because the glue, glitter, and flip flops are all the same color, but this part is easy, promise. Using your sponge brush, dab the Mod Podge onto the flip flop strap. You can leave about a half an inch on each side open at the top (where the flower goes).
4. Shake glitter on top of the Mod Podge and shake off the excess.
5. Cover the remainder of the strap using this process and repeat on the other side. Once both straps are covered (except for the half inch at the top) dab a coat of Mod Podge over the entire strap.
6. Give the whole strap a second coat of glitter. Repeat with other strap.
7. Allow some time for the Mod Podge to dry. Then use a wet paper towel to wipe away any stray glitter. Once the flip flop is dry, you will want to seal the glitter. You have two options for this: use a spray sealer, or dab on another coat of Mod Podge to lock everything in. Either one works! Once the sealer is dry, it is time to attach the flower!
8. I used regular old craft glue to attach the flower, and it did not have the best hold. Super glue would definitely be better. I stuck a folded up paper towel underneath the flower area to prevent any glue from dropping on the shoe itself. Dab some glue on the back of the flower and attach it to the middle part of the flip flop straps. Wait for shoes to dry completely before putting them on!
And voila! Super cute and comfy shoes that can be worn all night long. You can make these bad boys in any color, so go crazy and have some fun with them!