Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A 1950's Housewife Bridal Shower

Hello lovelies!  Happy Hump Day ;o)  It has taken me a long time to get my act together and decide to share some images from a bridal shower I co-hosted last summer.  When it came time to plan a celebration for my dear friend Ashley, my fellow bridesmaids and I decided on the perfect theme: 1950's Housewife.  We knew Ashley's mom was going to be throwing a more traditional shower, so we wanted to do something fun and out of the box.  It was a blast putting together the ideas and we had a great time at the shower!  (All images are personal photos.)

We started with the invite, which I designed myself (address deleted, 'cause I don't want y'all showing up at my house).  If you are planning any kind of event and are not fond of the super techy programs like Photo Shop, Microsoft Publisher is a great way to go.  It's what I used to come up with this:



When it came to decor, I collected old Coke bottles and "milk" bottles (really the pre-packaged Starbucks bottles) for the flowers.  I also printed out old ads from the 1950's that went along with the housewife theme.





We asked everyone to bring Ashley a gift that would help make her the "perfect" housewife.  Most of us kept it PG, but she did get some um, interesting, presents as well.  Here is our darling bride displaying some of her wares (and her awesome ribbon bouquet).


This was a pretty laid back and casual shower, and the theme made it just the right amount of kitschy and fun.  Plus, it gave me an excuse to bust out the red lipstick, which I can't rock on a normal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment